Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, folks.
This recipe is super simple and one of my go-to’s when I’m craving a salty snack.
What you’ll need:
○ Kale (I used baby kale)
○ Olive oil
○ Nutritional yeast
The reason I haven’t included measurements is because it’s completely customizable (in a way you can’t really mess up, so those of you who panic without exact measurements, I promise it’ll be fine).
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F
2. Wash, de-stem, and cut/rip your kale into small pieces
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
4. Spread kale on parchment paper
○ Tip: make sure it’s not piled on top of each other too much or it won’t get as crispy (for example, the batch I photographed could have been spread out more, but I wanted to use up all the kale I had left)
5. Lightly drizzle kale with olive oil
6. Salt and nutritional yeast to taste (this is what will give it the cheesy flavor — personally I opt for a bit less salt and a whole lot of nutritional yeast)
7. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until crispy
If you’re still not convinced to give it a go, just know that my teenage brother who won’t eat anything I deem healthy LOVES these kale chips.